Saturday, March 12, 2011

Learning names



Prophet Muhammad (saw) said "Keep the names of the noble Prophets, Allah loves most the names Abdullah and Abdur Rahman. The most truthful names are Harith and Humam, while the most disliked are Harb and Murrah (war and bitter)."


Well considering this hadeeth we decided to name our son Abdur-Rahman. MashaAllah it really suits him <3. 


I have to add that its been a challenge to teach him his names spelling. So these are some things we have done to make learning his name fun learning experience.








I made these to togehter with AR, we spelled the names  and stuck them on the foam boards.


He loves hand and foot prints (I let him do them but i personally don't find them too educational). We did this one on a black construction paper with white (non-toxic) water acrylic. Ad the end I added hi name and we spelled it out together a few times.  


This one was a lot of FUN! I printed his name out in ful and with it I printed each letter of his name separately. First he glued his full name (we sang the spelling of his name). Then under it he had to glue the letters by looking at the full name... first 'a' then 'b' so on.




Had some glue and glitter fun.
I am doing more things with him, I will be adding about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment