|Ingredients laid out for kids|
- 5 tbsp Beeswax
- 6 tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Olive oil / Almond oil
- 4 tbsp Coco Butter
- 2 tbsp Shea Butter
- Containers to pour into, you can find many options, we recycled these mini honey jars and previously used EOS old containers.
- Melt ingredients 1, 2, 3 and 4 in a microwave (15 seconds intervals, because can get really hot) or a double broiler.
- Add shea butter at the end to the hot liquid to avoid it from turning into beads.
- Add essential oils (keeping in mind what oils are safe for children) and vitamin E at the end because heat destroys their properties.
- Pour into containers, let it cool and they are ready to use.
|I usually add a little shimmer for H using broken eye shades (which I save for this)|
|Final product. Notice the messy edges... I love the beauty of kids hands.|
If I make Homemade body products for gifting or selling, I prefer not letting the kids help much to keep things clean. Beeswax can get quite messy when mixed with greasy ingredients, so be prepared for the mess when kids taking part.
- We also talked about, smiling is sunnah Hadeeth
- Purifying intention to have beautiful smiles when making to please Allah SWT
- Instill the idea of making your own things so you know what you are using.
- Be producers not consumers
- For older children great math lesson on how much you save by this and how much one lip balm container cost.
For beautiful smiles!