Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Side Effects of Fluoride



Did you know your toothpaste can be toxic for you anf your children? I remember when my son AR started teething and got his first tooth at around 14 months (I know... you must be thinking thats late! Pediatrition and children's dentists say its nothing to worry about. Its normal for children to not have teeth till about 17 months, after that, is when you need to get it checked out). I began to ask more experienced mom's what's the best toothpaste for children, I thought those who have more children would have more experience about what's right and what's not. Most of them recommended Stage 1 of Oral-B, we went and bought it. Although, most of his body products were either homemade, natural and plant based.





Alhumdulillah, a few weeks ago I found out that the fluoride in the toothpaste (or water) is extremely harmful. How did I find out? Well, my mom was diagnosed with 'Hypothyroidism' underactive thyroid gland, when I found out about it I did some research on what are somethings she can do to help her body heal. Of course, change of diet is one of things that can even help a cancer patient get better (bi'edhnillah). One of the things I came across was fluoride levels in our drinking water, which is really harmful for the thyroid gland and other things. (Alhumdulillah she was able to switch to distilled water.) All of sudden it clicked to me that  our toothpastes have fluoride in them, we immediately switched to fluoride free toothpaste. Alhumdulillah, I was able to find one at Nature Source.




When we moved to KSA, I brought one with me but then it finished...I was lost again. But, Alhumdulillah, Allah is Most Kind once again, we found a better one, called 'Aloe dent' made in UK. We all use the 'Aloe dent' now. I prefer UK products over North American products, even if they are natural and organic based. Allah knows best.



As for the water, Alhumdulillah we try to drink zamzam most of the time but sometimes, we mix the zamzam with the other water making dua to Allah swt to waste ALL the harmful things in the water for us.



I would just like to share with you some shocking information about fluoride and its side effects. I have some links at the bottom please take time and read and switch to a fluoride free toothpaste. May Allah swt protect us and our families from the harmful things in this Duniya and the Aakhirah. Ameen.



6 comments:

  1. Masha Allaah this is useful Information! We better look out for these here Insha Allaah!

    Jazzakillaah Khayr for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Very useful information indeed! Thanks for sharing this! Much appreciated!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good post Mashallah. People have no idea how the products they use DAILY effect their health.

    As for Zaki, I have not started any tooth paste with him yet. We just use warm water to brush and floss. I really dont see a point as he only has 4 tiny teeth so far and most of the tooth paste would be ingested at his age.

    I once read that even for adults we are only supposed to to use a dime sized amount- but we are so used to globbing a bunch of tooth paste until our brushes are dripping. If you are regularly flossing and brushing your teeth after every meal- you wouldnt need so much toothpaste in the first place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Umm M- wa eyak sister, inshaAllah you find one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Umm Z- I know aa! but I also don't blame people to not know this stuff because how are they suppose to know, its not like they go around advertising about Aloe dent, they advertise oral-b, crest and so on. BUT yes they should create awareness about it themselves by asking around.

    That's good to not use TP for zaki, hes still young in terms of his teeth, lol like his cousin. SubhanaAllah H mashaAllah got her morals. Isn't crazy guy!?? I was soo amazed at Allah swt's Power, and how different He has made each child and person! SUBHANAALLAH!

    Why dont you try Homemade toothpaste for zaki, I will try it for H, because she tries to ingest it as much as she can!! LOL! I can't find the ingredients here though. here are some links you can check out.

    http://www.nichetopics.info/homemade-kids-toothpaste-recipes.html
    http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_toothpaste
    http://www.pbs.org/parents/rogers/theme/1626_t_act.html (this is the one I might be trying here, b/c i have everything here).

    ReplyDelete