Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Up-cycled: Flower Box






So I bought this box on sale for ONLY 6 riyals, slightly damaged, decided to up-cycle it by covering the burn on the lid.


This makes perfect storage for our future fabric flower projects, inshaAllah. 

I have a book on how to make different types of flowers from fabric, felt, ribbon and paper and some childhood experience. There are many wonderful blogs with tutorials teaching how to make flowers. Here is a link to one, she has a tutorial for a ribbon rose, you can use the same tutorial for fabric. The turquoise flower I made is the similar style but with a long piece of 2 inch wide fabric. Enjoy!

BTW, this is another project done sticking to the 20 mins a day rule, Alhumdulillah.

3 comments:

  1. Masha Allaah it really looks wonderful! Great work sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mashallah, such projects are so much fun. Did I miss the link you mention in the post or it's not there? I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Umm Ummamah- For sure, especailly if you enjoy crafty things. Jazakillah hu kharian sister... I think I forgot to attach the link! I am ALSO shocked that you are the only one who pointed it out! I have 100 views of this page. Jazakillah hu Khairan for the sincerity sister! Will attach the link as soon as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete