Happy spring...enjoy the weather and feel the breeze!
Alhumdulillah for being able to live in a Muslim country. Alhumdulillah for the great weather. we keep the windows open in our house, at every Salah time we can hear the adhan and the jamma'ah. Its such a blessing because the kids notice it and try to imitate it, and once the Adhan is done they actually pray! AR goes to make wudu and since H is at an imitating age, so whenever she sees me praying she runs to get her pray-mat to pray as well. MashaAllah, its amazing.
So today I decided that from now on I will be doing the following to to encourage their behavior and interest inshaAllah.
- Try to leave everything and sit down to listen to the Adhan and reply to it together
- Say the after Adhan supplication together and make a small dua after that (I will also discuss with AR the excellence of making dua after the adhan and how dua is readily accepted after Adhan with ahadeeth)
- Help AR memorize the Adhan (inshaAllah).
- Sing the wudu nasheed "This is the way we do Wudu" (Will post it inshaAllah)
- Use the Learning roots "What's next?" cards to teach and focus on one step per two days.
- We are already doing the times and rakkaat of Salah now I will also try to point at Salah we are listening to. e.g: (pointing at maghrib) "its maghrib time, come lets listen to the Adhan and make dua"
NOTE: I will be updating this post inshaAllah!