Frozen fruit and veggie bars for a hot summer treat for the little ones and the adults. I made 3 different flavors, they are a great option for parent who choose not to give sugary store bought Popsicle to their little ones. Also a great way to get those fruits and veggies in our bodies.
They also make great yummy summer desserts!
Here are the recipes
1. Strawberry and Mango frozen bars
- Half a mango
- 5 Strawberries
- quarter cup Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp of honey or agave nectar.
2. Creamy Avocado frozen bar
- Half Avocado
- 3 drops of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- less then a quarter cup of water
3. Pineapple & blueberry frozen bars
- Half cup of freshly cut pineapple.
- Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp of honey or agave nectar
- Blend the 3 ingredients together, put the blueberries in the molds and pour the pineapple puree on top. (This one looked really nice because of the contrast of yellow and navy. Even the Grandparents enjoyed them lot, my father in-law is diabetic, so it was a nice, sweet and healthy treat for him)
Blend the ingredients of 1 & 2 seprately and pour them into the Popsicle molds. Let it freeze for 6 to 8 hours and serve. You can even freeze them in layers.